We have created this policy to demonstrate our respect for your privacy. Please read it carefully before using this website as it concerns use of your personal information.
Headings do not form part of this policy and will not affect their interpretation.
In these terms and conditions, "you" refers to the member and "we", "us" refers to T101 Limited. The Recon website and associated mobile applications (“Recon”) are owned and operated wholly by us.
This policy together with our Terms and Conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us through your use of Recon. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting Recon, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Registration under Data Protection Act 1998
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK). We make no use of personal information other than as set out in this policy. Except as otherwise provided below, we will not use any personal or confidential information or disclose it to any third party, unless we are required to do so by law.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Recon or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on Recon, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you make a support request. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs. You may also be requested to provide other sensitive data to complete your member profile such as racial/ethnic origins, gender or sexual preferences.
- Additional information:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out on Recon and of the fulfilment of your orders and;
- details of your visits to Recon including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Recon we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and details of the type of mobile phone you are using (if any);
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Device information: We may collect information about the device or any computer you may use to download a copy of the App onto your device, including, where available, the device's or computer's unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information, for system administration. We may associate device information with any information you provide to us and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Location information: when you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent by changing the location services option in your mobile phone’s setting.
when you use our services or view content on the sites, We may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps. We use Google Analytics help us understand how visitors engage with Recon. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit the Site or the App.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our sites works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our sites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our sites.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the sites more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Uses of personal information
The personal information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- for purposes of processing payment of membership fees;
- internal review for our own operational purposes;
- to assess effectiveness and improve the content of the sites including gathering broad demographic information;
- to customise the content and/or layout of its website for each individual member;
- to notify members about offers and updates to the services and products available on the sites - you can opt-in or opt-out of such communications at any time by editing your Contact Options/Email Notifications under the 'My Profile' section of Recon;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from Recon is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer Recon and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to administer prize draws, competitions or promotions;
- as part of our efforts to keep Recon safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them. We may need to share your information with our service providers, suppliers and agents for these purposes and to provide services you request.
Your personal data - IMPORTANT
Please note that where you provide personal or sensitive data to us upon registering to use our site, for example your full name (when applying for membership of Recon), age and sexual preferences this information may be available on your profile and viewable by other members of the site. It will not however be shared with any 3rd parties (unless a disclosure is required as set out below).
We advise you not to post information that can identify you (directly or indirectly) in your profile. Other users that you interact with on your profile will be able to view your personal data should you choose to link with them or if you choose to make your profile public to all members. You need to be aware that if you choose to do so, it means that you are choosing to place your personal data in a worldwide environment where some jurisdictions do not have adequate laws to protect your data by European standards.
Your data may also be shared on the site should you upload any information to it, e.g. via free text fields, blogs, photos etc.
Please note that any messages you send to other users of the Site or App may still be available to view by us or the recipient of the message, even if you choose to deactivate your profile. In this event, your message will still be visible in the message centre but your profile will not appear. You should be aware that that information you have shared with others (i.e. personal messages with other users) that exists independently from your profile will not be deleted when you delete your account.
How you can access your information and account closure
Where we have suspended an account for suspected abuse of our policies, misconduct or alleged criminal activity, data contained on that profile will not be deleted and shall be retained for safe guarding purposes.
By default, promotional email is automatically sent to you. You can change your mind and choose not to receive promotional emails from us in the future by editing your Contact Options/Email Notifications under the 'My Profile' section of Recon. You can also unsubscribe from within the email footer.
Unsolicited adverts from other members
Any unsolicited commercial communication or information sent or attached by other members is in breach of the terms and conditions of use of the sites, so please help us by reporting it via email to email@example.com with as much information to help us identify the offending member as you can give.
We will not disclose any personal information to third parties except:
- as required by law;
- to enable us to investigate any allegations of abuse of the sites by a member;
- to allow subsequent owners of our business to continue to operate this website and the business;
- if such disclosure is essential to fulfilling any order or contract we may have with you.
Information submitted by users to one of the sites may be replicated on our other sites.
Our payment-processing partner uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that information between yourself and their servers is encrypted; the purchasing system is secure and any information passed between your computer or mobile device and the payment-processing computer cannot be read by anyone that happens to intercept it.
Your personal address and payment details are collected for order processing only when purchasing on the Recon website or the Recon Android app. Your credit card will be billed as either RECON.COM or T101 LIMITED.
We restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 18.
Right to amend these terms
We may at any time revise the terms of this policy by posting changes on Recon, or and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail or notifying you of a change when you next start the Apps or log onto Recon. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of Recon. The continued use Recon after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms. If you choose not to accept the modified terms and you are a fee paying member, we will upon request return a fair proportion (related to the time left unexpired on your membership) of the membership fee.
The terms of this policy are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. If any of the terms is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Registered Company Address
The Company is registered in England, UK at Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD, United Kingdom.