In our fetish destinations series, we're exploring a variety of European cities with excellent gay fetish scenes. If you're looking to take your fetishes abroad, our guides should provide you with some fantastic inspiration. This time, we're looking at Paris and its unique offering to fetish men.
A bit of background
The French have enjoyed a long love affair with sex – it's safe to say they're a horny, and rather open-minded, bunch! Paris isn't just the city of love - it's the city of sex, boasting more than 40 different sex clubs. You'll also find plenty of saunas, sex shops and porn stores.
It's not all about the cruising, though, as the fetish clubs here are some of the best in Europe. Here's some of the best places to go.
Top recommended bars and clubs:
• La Mine: This is one of the newest fetish bars in Paris. There's no cruising but it's a great place to gear up and go for drinks before you head elsewhere. It's very popular, so expect to meet some hot men in fetish gear you can have fun with later.
• Le Keller: Easily the most famous fetish bar in Paris, Le Keller is particularly popular with the fisting crowd, thanks to its packed parties. The equipment here is impressive too, and it's just been updated. Le Keller has everything from glory holes and cabins to slings and St Andrew's crosses. There's a strict dress code, so be sure to check which event is on before heading to this bar.
• Full Metal: Located in the heart of La Marais, Full Metal encourages all fetish fantasies to be explored, whether you're into leather, rubber, sportswear or uniform. It boasts two darkrooms with cabins to play in, as well as urinals perfect for wet games. Friday – Sunday there is no dress code, but every other night has a themed event, so be sure to check before going.
• Cox: A Paris institution since 1995, Cox is as popular with locals and tourists as it's ever been. Always crowded and full of attractive gay fetishists, it's the perfect place to meet someone new and enjoy a few drinks. Happy hour is a daily event and you'll find plenty of guys in gear during special weekend events.
• Le Dépôt: We recently hosted one of our parties at this recently refurbished gay cruise club and it was a blast. On the ground floor is a bar and dance floor, but go into the basement and you'll find a large cruising area, dark rooms and cubicles. Le Dépôt plays host to various events, including 'Au Pied!' where slaves/Masters gain free entry.
Hopefully the above has given you a taste of what Paris has to offer. No matter what your fetish is, you'll find a club to suit you.
Share any Paris fetish tips with us on the Recon Twitter