In this edition of our fetish destinations series we're looking at the gay fetish scene in Antwerp, Belgium. If you're planning to visiting Belgium's second-largest city any time soon, you'll need our guide to the best fetish bars and clubs.
A bit of background
The gay community may not be huge in Antwerp, but it is varied, and the cruise and fetish scene is thriving. Fetish bars and shops are spread throughout the city, allowing you to explore everything that Antwerp has to offer, rather than just stick to one district. The locals are friendly too, and will be more than happy to show you what's big in the city right now – something is always happening.
Top recommended bars and clubs:
• The Boots – Known as one of the best designed cruising bars in Europe, The Boots spans six floors, boasting a bar, two playrooms filled with S&M equipment, sling cabins and wet rooms and a cellar with even more toys and another bar. All fetishes are welcome.
• Club Random – Located on the corner behind The Boots, the recently revamped Club Random is a popular gay bar complete with cruising area. Everyone is welcome here; it's the perfect place to head to for yet more fun with hot guys once you've had enough at The Boots.
• The Kinky's – This cruising club may be smaller than The Boots, but it's becoming very popular with the fetish crowd. Located in Antwerp's China Town, The Kinky's regularly hosts themed nights, including naked/underwear parties, no dress code cruising nights and, of course, hot fetish Mondays.
Top recommended events
• A Hard Night – Run by The Boots, this fetish night usually takes place during Antwerp's Gay Pride. The theme of the event changes every year, but a strict dress code is enforced. For the past few years, Club Petrol has been the venue for A Hard Night, an industrial setting equipped with a playroom and a reasonably-priced bar. This is one of Europe's biggest fetish parties and shouldn't be missed.
• LeatherPride Belgium – This great event has quickly becoming one of the most popular fetish weekends in Europe. The main event is Darklands, which is the world's only indoor fetish festival. There's live entertainment, a fetish market, daytime dark room and so much more to enjoy. Pups and Handlers shouldn't miss Camp K9 and the Mr Puppy Europe competition.
If you've never been to Antwerp, we really do recommend it as a fetish destination. Don't forget to check out our other destination guides for more hot tips on where to go for fetish fun.