The COVID-19 outbreak has become an unavoidable situation that requires all of us to ensure we are taking measures to protect public health.
Here is some basic advice provided by the World Health Organisation:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub.
• Maintain social distancing of at least 1m (3ft) from other people when out and about.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, as your hands will touch many surfaces during a day.
• Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care, calling in advance. Be sure to follow the directions of your local health authority.
• Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider and government.
For more information go to https://www.who.int/
As different countries have taken different approaches to tackling the outbreak, we have been monitoring the situation and how it will affect our members, the wider community, our partners and other event organisers. We know that many of you are rightly concerned and we've wanted to make decisive decisions relating to future Recon events.
Darklands festival has confirmed that some of its visitors were carriers of COVID-19. If you attended this event and have any of the symptoms above, please follow the advice of your healthcare provider and government.
The Easter in Berlin organisers cancelled their event and CLAW have postponed. Manchester Rubber Weekend has also been postponed with the hopes of holding the event later in the year, as such, Recon Manchester on 25 April is cancelled.
Given the restrictions across the world, Recon has made the decision to cancel our parties until it is safe to hold them again. This includes our Madrid party that was due on 1 May and Fetish Week London in July. We take the wellbeing and health of our members and staff seriously, so, though cancelling these events is not something we do lightly, we believe it is the right action to take.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make further announcements concerning events beyond July.