In just over a week, one of the biggest and filthiest global celebrations of gay fetish and kink returns to London for 2017. Fetish Week sees fetish men from the world over descend on the UK's capital city to hook up and revel in all things kinky.
With so much going on, FWL is an intense experience but an unmissable one. To make sure you go the distance, we've put together this guide to mastering FWL and getting the best from this exciting event, whether you're a newbie or hardcore into your fetish.
An overview of FWL2017
Taking place in venues all over London from 9 – 16 July, this year's Fetish Week includes many cruise parties and social events, some with extra sleazy surprises, plus the chance to update your kink kit with dozens of special offers on fetish gear.
The kind of men FWL attracts are as varied as the fetishes on offer during the week. If you've got a filthy side, this event, and the gay, bi and curious fetish men you'll meet, will certainly help you explore it.
There are several FWL2017 ticket options depending on what you're most into, and if you don't yet have yours, go to fetishweek.com or follow the links below.
How to survive FWL2017
Get ready to have the sleaziest week of the year with our top survival tips:
• Make a plan – To make sure you don't miss any must-attend events, plan what you want to do and see each day. As well as the official FWL parties taking place each night, there are numerous other fetish nights happening throughout the week, so choose your favourites ahead of time to avoid missing out.
For non-official event picks we recommend brushing up on your bondage and mummification skills at Sir Dart and Sir Bart's Bondage Workshop on Saturday, 15 July – the perfect warm up to the biggest event of the week, the official Full Fetish party at The Coronet Theatre. Follow the links below for full event listings.
• Know the dress code – Once you've chosen your events, get your gear in order. As you'd expect, most parties have a strict fetish dress code so make sure you know what you need and you're ready to dress to impress. Get cruise-ready at the Recon store.
• Avoid contraband – With so many venues hosting FWL events, what you're able to take into each party varies. If you want to take extras such as poppers or safety scissors along to an event, take time to check with the venue whether these will be permitted. After all, it's not worth missing out on all that filthy fun.
• Carry your kit – Invest in a spacious yet lightweight bag you can use to transport your fetish gear from event to event. Many venues have changing rooms and cloakrooms you can use to don and store your stuff.
• Get an Oyster card – As all Londoners know, public transport is the easiest and most cost-effective way to get around the city. If you don't already have one, get yourself an Oyster card and pre-load it with plenty of credit to make taking the Tube, Overground and bus quick and simple. Having said that, don't forget Uber for those late-night sojourns.
• Pace yourself – This event is a marathon, not a sprint. If you're up for a few days of debauchery, try not to overdo it straight away. FWL offers an excess of kinky indulgence you'll want to get stuck into, but going too hard too soon could mean you miss out on even better thrills later in the week.
• Drink plenty of water – Following on from the above, keep your stamina up and make sure you're always ready to play by staying hydrated.
• Get hooked up with the Recon app – Available on both iOS and Android, the Recon app is the best way to stay up to date with everything FWL2017 and find other fetish men in town looking to party.
With a little prep, FWL2017 should be a week to remember. We want you to forget the everyday and indulge your kinks on a whole new level, as part of the largest gathering of gay fetish men in the country. To whet your appetite even more, take a look at some of the featured videos from FWL2016.